Facebook which happens to be one of the main social media in which people of different kinds relate to one another, so It is a pleasure i make it known on how you can convert your personal account into a Facebook Page. A key difference between the two features is that users can simply like a Page while on the other hand, they must make friends in other to establish a mutual relationship with a Facebook account, which simply makes Pages a much better solution for businesses and public figures.
although, I’ve been longing for this time to come when i will be able to move all my “friends” to a Page and set up a new account in other to maintain a more personal relationship with people I actually know. While that might be a somewhat limited use case, it should be a welcome addition for people who were previously a bit too loose in terms of who they accepted into their Facebook accounts.
Also, Facebook Pages can be included in Interest Lists, and can be “Liked” by other pages. Know it that you can help to promote each others business with just a simple like. You all are living witness that Facebook accounts are just limited to “5000” friends, although followers aren’t limited. So you may need to swap to a Page if you have reached your elastic limit. Also, if you’re promoting a business with your personal Facebook account, it is pretty dangerous because you could risk having your account deleted.
Here is What Happens! When You Convert Your Facebook Account To A Page
- friends and followers will be migrated to fans of your new Facebook page.
- Username will become the username for your page.
- Name will automatically become the Page’s name.
- Profile picture will become your page’s picture.
- The new page won’t show up in your follower’s interest lists.
- You won’t be able to see personal messages from your old accounts.
- Your updates and photos from your account will not transfer to the page.
- You will be member of NO GROUP because you will no longer be in any of the group you joined initially.
Converting A Page ? Here Is What You Will Do!
- You just have to Back up your personal messages, updates, photos and any other personal data which are said to be making use of Facebook’s backup tool.
- After that, you still have to Change your profile name and address , why? because they both are for privacy and also in other to match your business needs.
- When the above is done, you then Choose a new group admins and page admins for any groups and pages you manage, then Start the migration process.
This is how you can Merge Two Existing Pages.
- Go to the Page that has the most likes.
- Then from the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Then Select Update Info
- Look From the left sidebar, will see Resources, click there!
- After that You then Click the Merge duplicate Pages link. Note it that this link will only appear if you admin two Pages with similar names.
- Then A dialogue will show Pages you admin that qualify to be merged. Select the Page(s) you wish to merge.
- Also Note it that when you’re merging Pages with a location, they must have the same address information.